Paula Pedrosa Ceramics

I started making these abstract structural pieces and this is what started my big “project”.
Top two are greenware and bottom two are bisque. The black clay comes out so beautiful after being fired… It could be used without any glaze at all! This structure reaches about a foot tall.

Made this little dish… It wasn’t originally supposed to go with the tea pot but it works out nicely! I pinched it (the pot was made on the wheel). I used light green and dark green underglaze and then added antique green once it had been bisque fired.

Finished the tea pot. I used the tawny glaze twice. The first time I fired it there was no green on top and since it’s an opalescent glaze, it wasn’t as prominent as I wanted it to be. I glazed it a second time but added copper oxide to the rim and some of the inside. I love experiments like these! The mystery is what I love the most about glaze.

Forgot about this “tea pot” for a really long time. Oops! Too 
little to be a tea pot though… And too big to be a saucer! Oh well…. I’ll just use it for decorative purposes now.

I put so much glaze on this little cup that it just melted to the bottom so much causing weird lumps… I used copper adventurine for the upper part fading into stormy blue. The blue didn’t come out so much from the first firing but was almost completely blue for the second.

Above two pictures are the before and after trimming. I waited until it was bone dry once again to trim. So much easier! I decided I liked the bottom cup how it was (not being a mug)

Made these little matching cuties on the wheel. The plan was to turn them both into mugs.
Feels like Christmas every time the kiln is unloaded :-D

Before and after firing. I used mardi gras on the outside and it came out amazing! Maybe it’d look good with some other glaze mixed into it… Hm….

Made this little guy on the wheel too! I waited until it was bone try to trim. I like “shaving” it.. It makes it perfect and it’s also a bigger challenge than to trim while it’s still wet.